Joint Exam & Injections
The Orthopedics joint injection represents an intensive, evidence-based review of examination and injection techniques for musculoskeletal problems encountered in daily practice. Numerous studies demonstrate that more than 20 percent of all visits to primary care providers deal with these complaints. The pertinent history and physical examination techniques are reviewed. The functional anatomy of the joint as well as common mechanisms of injuries is stressed. After an initial review of the basics of clinical examination, demonstration and practice of examination techniques will be completed. Additionally, the benefits of joint aspiration and orthopedic injection will be discussed, demonstrated and practiced.
- Intra-articular shoulder
- Intra-articular Shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer's Elbow
- Trigger Finger
- Carpal Tunnel
- Trochanteric Bursa
- Intra-articular Knee
- Illiotibial Band
- Pes Anserine Bursa
- Plantar Fascia
- Morton's Neuroma
- Intra-articular Ankle
Physical Exam Special Tests:
- Lumbar Spine/Hip
By the end of this orthopedic joint injection course, participants should be better able to:
- Review the anatomy and function of various joints.
- Learn specific clinical tests to evaluate each joint using evidence-based medicine guidelines.
- Review common mechanisms of injuries and pathology that can lead to them.
- Review imaging techniques used for evaluation.
- Practice exam techniques in a supervised setting.
- Practice joint aspirations and injections using joint models.